HOME       HEADLINES     COLLECTING     MASTER LISTS     FORUMS     PROTOTYPES     BEND-EMS     CONTACT
  Main     Active Topics   Search   FAQ   Forgot PW?

to POTF2.COM

All Forums
 Collectors' Corner
 Collecting FAQ And News
 Hasbro Answers Your Questions - March 17th
 Printer Friendly

All Members can post NEW topics in this forum
  All Members can REPLY to topics in this forum
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Hasbro Answers Your Questions - March 17th Next Topic
Page: of 2

Aaron
I ♥ Bend-Ems

USA
10155 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  10:37:29 PM   

POTF2.COM

What does the Blue Sticker and "A" on the datestamp of recent case assortments mean?

HASBRO

We add the blue dot or " A" on the package if the existing item has been changed to non-phthalate PVC.

POTF2.COM

The back of the coins for the Galactic Marine and Airborne Trooper have the 8 spoke Republic symbol. Shouldn't it be the 6 spoke symbol?

HASBRO

Our design team chose the eight-spoke for these by the flip of a coin . Ha, just kidding. EpIII clone troops can be seen as either pre- or post- Order 66, like some with alternate shoulder pads (Shock Troopers for example) have been portrayed in the past. It could have gone either way of course, and we still look at them as either pre-Empire or post to suit our own display needs, and we figured collectors would do the same.

POTF2.COM

Over the past 11 years of basic SW action figures, we've seen numerous different sculpts of ANH Han, ANH Leia and ANH Luke.

However, in that same amount of time, we have yet to see a single carded Endor Leia, and it took all this time to finally get an Endor Luke.

Throughout the spectrem, there are still some core characters that have yet to be made in a particular outfit (ESB Lando in Han's style shirt), and others that are way overdue for a rerelease (Hoth Leia [which was an internet exclusive many years ago], DSII Luke).

So, instead of asking when and if these characters will be released, I want to know why Hasbro decides to release over and over the before mentioned characters in garb we've already seen instead of creating new figures with different clothing as seen in the films.

HASBRO

We hear you. Sometimes, with the number of figures we have done over the past couple of years in both single basic carded and multi-pack figures, it's a little hard to keep track of all the most iconic versions to make sure they have some representation. Our process focuses more on the figures we feel need to be redone first, while we sometimes feel a certain scene needs to be redone again before perhaps another lesser scene. For example, Hoth Leia is still by all standards a great figure, so we haven't seen the need to release her on a basic figure card or update her just yet, but we will look at what we can do with her in the future. The good news is that we have a very nice Endor Leia coming in Vintage, which is where we figured we can really do her justice. It's not basic 6x9 of course, but this is where you will find her for the foreseeable future.

Check back weekly for more answers.

You can post a question to Hasbro here:

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10254

Check out the weekly answers from BehindTheToys here:

http://www.behindthetoys.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7428

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Prototype Member

0 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  12:33:28 AM

Our Q&A returns and there is a God.

Notice how Hasbro neglected to mention the Lando in Han's shirt deal.

Go to Top of Page

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Prototype Member

0 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  12:43:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Those Assholes at Hasbro

Our design team chose the eight-spoke for these by the flip of a coin . Ha, just kidding. EpIII clone troops can be seen as either pre- or post- Order 66, like some with alternate shoulder pads (Shock Troopers for example) have been portrayed in the past. It could have gone either way of course, and we still look at them as either pre-Empire or post to suit our own display needs, and we figured collectors would do the same.

And their 6-spoked Bendu isn't the Empire Bendu... it's just that... a 6-spoked version of the 8-spoke Bendu. If they wanted to go Post-Order 66, put on the Imperial logo, damnit.

Go to Top of Page

subpopz
Ω (Retired POTF2 Administrator)

10098 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  08:24:49 AM

quote:
We add the blue dot or " A" on the package if the existing item has been changed to non-phthalate PVC.

Looks like volkerc nailed that one : http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10691&whichpage=1

Go to Top of Page

Darth Jaxx
Dark Lord Of Dipsomania™

USA
20146 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  09:33:08 AM

quote:
It's not basic 6x9 of course...

What does this phrase mean?
Go to Top of Page

subpopz
Ω (Retired POTF2 Administrator)

10098 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  09:40:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jaxx

quote:

I'm not exactly sure what it means, but I thought it referred to the Endor Leia being a vintage figure as opposed to a regular basic figure in the regular line-up.

Go to Top of Page

volkerc
Mandalorian Maniac™

8238 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  10:03:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by subpopz

quote:

Looks like volkerc nailed that one : http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10691&whichpage=1

"This Bounty Hunter is my kind of scum."
Go to Top of Page

volkerc
Mandalorian Maniac™

8238 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  11:17:54 AM

quote:

quote:

i'd say 6x9 is the size of the 30 AC backer cards...(?)

Go to Top of Page

Grand Admiral Thrawn
Prototype Member

0 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  1:11:33 PM

I thought Hasbro answered the blue dot question when it first appeared, but on a different set of Q&A's. Hell, I even knew what it meant and I'm lucky if I can get the damn figure out of the package!

Go to Top of Page

Darth Jaxx
Dark Lord Of Dipsomania™

USA
20146 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  2:40:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by volkerc

quote:

quote:

Yeah... but EVERY card since POTF2 (and probably the vintage) are 6" x 9". So, are they saying the 30AC vintage will NOT be on 6x9?
Go to Top of Page

Monkey Ambassador
Community Elder

USA
6586 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  3:55:54 PM

I think they're including the clamshell?

But the vintage cards were slightly taller and less wide. The modern 'vintage' line is the same as the other modern cards, however.

Savannah College of Art and Design
Go to Top of Page

volkerc
Mandalorian Maniac™

8238 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  4:17:43 PM

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by volkerc

quote:

quote:

Yeah... but EVERY card since POTF2 (and probably the vintage) are 6" x 9". So, are they saying the 30AC vintage will NOT be on 6x9?

what they are saying is, we won't see that Leia Endor figure on the basic 6x9 cards, but on the vintage 6x9 cards for the foreseeable future, meaning she won't appear in a basic assortment. that's the best translation i can come up with...

Go to Top of Page

plo-koon
Prototype Member

0 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  5:59:13 PM

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like volkerc nailed that one

Not to nit pick, but not exactly. Thats why I suggested we ask the question to Hasbro in the first place. This is what I am focused on in their answer: "if the existing item has been changed to non-phthalate PVC". There is so many threads dedicated to "Blue Dots" and I am too lazy to dig around for the appropriate thread, but back in Febuary Volkerc was surprised that no Blue Dots where on his 30AC figures he found. Hasbro cleared this up for me with the above answer.

I stated in another thread that I have observed a pattern of Blue Dots being added to only frigures that are re-issues after a certain point. The only "New" wave that was found with and without Blue Dots was the 1st Endor wave. Now all of those figures can be found with and without the Blue Dot. Everything that was issued before the 1st Endor Wave that has been since re-issued after the Blue Dots 1st apeared also now have a Blue Dot. Any "New" figures released after Endor 1 have always been non-phthalate PVC, so they have never had or required a Blue Dot on them. So like I said back in early Feb Volkerc was wondering where the Blue Dots were on his TAC figures. I posted months ago that I noticed this pattern of new figs not having Blue Dots but Volkerc argued against it, I guess because he didn't hear it from Hasbro.

Now that the Blue Dot mystery is solved, and everyone has gone cross eyed. Now what does the Orange Dot mean?

LOL....

Go to Top of Page

volkerc
Mandalorian Maniac™

8238 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  6:20:17 PM

sheez, he'll never going to stop.
I had received exactly the answer that is posted above from Hasbro, what 6 months ago, by Hasbro!!
I get my answers faster, like it or not.
And still someone keeps going on and on,...
Yes my 30 AC figures do not have the blue dot, and why not!? Because Hasbro just stated that the blue dot appears on items with a datestamp ending in "A". So my european 30AC figures have datestamps as early as 63451, so they again must have been produced "together" with SAGA pieces. Very early on. And because they do not have their datestamp end with an "A" no blue dot should appear on them.
The 501st Vaders Fist figures appearing now have datestamps of 70081A and yes you guessed it a blue dot.

Go to Top of Page

plo-koon
Prototype Member

0 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  6:33:42 PM

((VOLKERC))

No new figures have had Blue Dots since the TSC #045 Darth Vader. Everything #046 and on have NOT had Blue Dots. Only Re-issued figures pre #046 have ever HAD Blue Dots. That is why your 30AC figures don't have them, and never will.

Got it?

LOL....

Go to Top of Page

volkerc
Mandalorian Maniac™

8238 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2007 :  6:38:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by plo-koon

((VOLKERC))

No new figures have had Blue Dots since the TSC #045 Darth Vader. Everything #046 and on have NOT had Blue Dots. Only Re-issued figures pre #046 have ever HAD Blue Dots. That is why your 30AC figures don't have them, and never will.

Got it?

LOL....

Your wrong as always. If you would remember those blue dots are for the european market, they have the laws established that the toy manufacturers are no longer allowed to use those softeners.

The 501st troopers have just been produced for the european market, so those are technically new figures and come with the blue dot.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Hasbro Answers Your Questions - March 17th Next Topic  
Next Page
 Printer Friendly

Jump To:

This page was generated in 0.25 seconds.

Forums powered by Snitz Forums 2000

Copyright © 1997-2013 POTF2.COM - All Rights Reserved
POTF2.COM, POTJ.COM, Auction Probe and related marks are trademarks of POTF2.COM.

Star Wars and the Star Wars logo are registered trademark and/or copyright Lucasfilm, Ltd.

POTF2.COM | BehindTheToys.com | SWBendEms.com | ActionMasters.com